Here's what I have so far (compiling data from the original topic).
Cards will be purchasable through Dragon Credits and receiveable through special offers/events/what have you. We are not sure if we are using Dragon City dragons, our own dragons that we create, or a mix of both yet. Need discussion on this.
There will be 5 types of cards:
1) Dragon Cards
2) Habitat Cards
3) Restoration Cards
4) Support Cards
5) Food Cards
Gameplay / Card Info:
-Habitat cards offer effects. Small habitats affect the user, large affect both players (enhance, weaken, etc.)
-Restoration cards restore HP.
-Support cards offer buffs, more dragon variety, etc. (Breeding Mountain lets you summon all types of hybrids. Breeding tree lets you summon them sooner. Boosts increase damage. )
-Food levels dragons.
Two players, each start with 8,000 HP. Once one reaches 0, game is over.
Each player has three phases:
1) Summon Phase: Summon a Dragon.
2) Support Phase: Use buffs or summon a hybrid dragon.
3) Battle Phase: Attack the enemy.
Each Dragon Card has 4 attacks... baby only has 2 of these attacks, teen has a 3rd, adult has a 4th?
Gameplay - we need to discuss things in RED.
1) Deck is 20-40 cards, players can make their own decks. 5 cards per hand to start. If player has less than 5, one card is added to the hand from the deck each turn. Limit of 1 pure/legend card. Any other limits? A hand can never exceed 5 cards.
**There will be starter packs available. Fire Pack, Water Pack, Plant Pack, Earth Pack or Electric Pack. These will have 10 cards of the same element, 3 habitat cards, 10 support, 2 restoration, 5 food cards.
1) You start in the DRAW PHASE to draw a card if 5 cards aren't in your hand, then you enter the SUMMON PHASE where you summon a baby dragon card if you have one in your hand. This can be a basic dragon only? As for cards of higher 'evolution', these shouldn't be in the hand but should replace any baby dragon when enough food has been given?
**Only 5 dragons can be in play at the same time.
After summoning this baby, we skip support phase on turn 1 but we go to battle stage? Or should we have to wait a turn after summoning before the dragon can attack?
2) Player 2 repeats the above.
3) On second turn, player enters summon stage again. At this point, can he or she summon ANY baby dragon or must it be a certain type? And then the player enters support stage and battle stage.
When a card is used from the hand, should it be replaced by another card automatically so there is always 5 cards in the hand? Or should the player, for example, gain 1 card from the deck each turn (but have cards that allow the player to draw more cards from the deck?)
Where are food cards used? Can these be used at any time during a specific stage? Is there a limit to how many cards can be used per turn?
I played a game called Shadow Era (card game) which used a 'resources' system/sacrifice system. The player could sacrifice a card from the hand and make it unusable and gain 1 resource for that card. Each card costed some amount of resources to use and so how many cards could be used depended on how many resources (how many sacrificed cards) were available.
We shouldn't copy systems from other games, but we might want to add some system to limit the amount of cards used and add a strategy aspect to the game.
Discussion is needed.
We also need to figure out a damage scale and HP scale. Dragons have HP in a tier system similar to that in the game. How much damage does each dragon do per attack?
How many dragons can be out at one time (on the playing field)? One or more than one? In this case, should dragons be able to be attacked as well as the player? This way, players can remove other dragons on the field and focus on attacking the other player after...
None so far.
Edited by Ashley, 29 August 2012 - 10:27 PM.