Free Skins
© Fisana

Toggle shoutbox Dragon City Central Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please keep media spamming (pictures, videos, sounds, smiles, etc) to a minimum, in the shoutbox so it does not interrupt others or flood the screen.

@  Walcha18 : (21 April 2014 - 01:04 AM) @ChelseaBear: Hi! What were the parents and level pls? Have not managed Butterfly despite maaany tries! Tku!
@  Devin : (20 April 2014 - 10:56 PM) Though I think the one that is breedable doesn't show up in the Dragon Book
@  Devin : (20 April 2014 - 10:44 PM) Whatever you read was wrong. It is breedable
@  ChelseaBear : (20 April 2014 - 10:42 PM) Iv read that you cant breed a butterfly dragon, but i just did. How is this possible?
@  dilloncole34 : (20 April 2014 - 09:21 PM) hey guys. new here. would some of you be willing to add me on facebook to be my neighbor?
@  iKate : (20 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) @Dragonsfury Two Headed
@  Icetex : (20 April 2014 - 06:17 PM) Breeding Gudie Out of date atm since 2nd light and war update
@  Walcha18 : (20 April 2014 - 05:48 PM) The Hatching Guide does not include 32 hrs, just 30 and 34 hrs.
@  DragonKeeper : (20 April 2014 - 05:44 PM) ??? Not sure about 32-hours
@  Dragonsfury : (20 April 2014 - 04:39 PM) Quick question, I just breezed nature and dark and got 32 hour breeding time, I got told two headed dragon was 20 hours, what will it be?
@  Icetex : (20 April 2014 - 03:23 PM) lol
@  iKate : (20 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) No problem
@  VedishMaharaj : (20 April 2014 - 02:30 PM) Thanks :)
@  iKate : (20 April 2014 - 02:29 PM) @VedishMaharaj Some UK forum. Here's the image URL:
Spoiler
Don't forget to use the IMG brackets!
@  VedishMaharaj : (20 April 2014 - 02:25 PM) iKate what website did you get that from
@  VedishMaharaj : (20 April 2014 - 02:21 PM) :lol:
@  iKate : (20 April 2014 - 02:19 PM) Posted Image :ph34r:
@  Icetex : (20 April 2014 - 02:06 PM) :ph34r:
@  iKate : (20 April 2014 - 01:56 PM) Lol, nice. I usually don't buy dragons from special offers either, but occasionally I'll take SP up on an offer or two.
@  Starkiller : (20 April 2014 - 01:46 PM) i dont buy dragons for gems so i rarely check that page :P

Photo
- - - - -

Site Updates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

11/29

1) Removed group formatting modification to fix an error with View New Content. It will return when it becomes compatible.

2) Added Debate section back.

11/27

1) Software Upgrade with these new features:

-Better SEO.

-New "Best Answer" feature.

-New ability to create a single sign on network that will allow us to expand greatly.

-Anti-spammer improvements (see below)

-Editor enhancements.

-Ability to share a single post.

-And more.

2) Incoming/Outgoing email is now ashley@dragoncitycentral.com - use this if you wish to email me.

3) Minimum search length has been increased.

4) All group forums and the staff area is now blocked from feeding the "View New Content" system.

5) More secure "recover lost password" method implemented.

6) IPB version removed from footer for security purposes.

7) Tags now operate in a closed system where users can select from a pre-defined list of tags. If you would like more tags added, post a suggestion!

8) Content with over 25 likes is now highlighted.

9) Spammers are now blocked from creating accounts on the site.

10) KeyCaptcha is now used instead of ReCaptcha.

11) Amount of days lost password requests are kept has been reduced to 30.

12) All email notifications for topics followed is now in a weekly digest format.

13) Notifications are only kept for 1 month at maximum now.

14) Maximum display name length is now 20 instead of 26.

15) We now use Google's servers to load some data to reduce stress on the site and improve performance.

16) Guests can now see topics as "unread" and, after reading a topic, see it as read (as opposed to the previous: guests saw everything as read already).

17) Once again, those with multiple accounts can no longer create a new account.

18) Shouting and excess exclamation marks/question marks are no longer allowed in topic titles and will be automatically changed.

19) Removed Gamelytic and the Dragon City Wiki from the URL blacklist.

20) Time allocation for adding a poll to a topic after posting the topic has been increased.

21) New Content Delivery network set up to take work off of the server.

11/2

1) Quiz system updated - fixed some errors, tweaked the system a bit.

10/27

1) Security issue detected and patched.
2) Shoutbox upgraded (out of BETA 1.3.8).

10/24

1) Shoutbox upgraded - added additional username formatting options and the ability to use sound notification.
2) Removed new topic messages in the shoutbox as it is no longer compatible.
3) Created a new "My Group Forums" category on the board index - all forums that exist for groups you are in will appear there as well as within the groups themselves.
4) New group rule: if the group leader is inactive for more than a month, his or her group will be removed from the site.
5) Referrals system added.

10/23

1) Added User Shops section so that users can make shops on the site using the Dragon Credits currency.

10/17

1) Rule change - if a post is minor spam, it will receive a 20 dragon credit deduction. If it is spam that requires the post to be deleted, there will be a 50 dragon credit deduction.
2) Typo fixed. For the awards bar, it now correctly says "User's" awards.
3) Added Like Us and Follow Us buttons on the sidebar, removed the links from the External Links section of the forum. Added a URL to Peridrait's Shadow Game in External Links.

10/16

1) Shoutbox has been updated. The update includes bug fixes and other improvements.

10/11

1) Credits given from General Game Discussion and General Discussion have been lowered so as to prevent easy gaining of credits without contributing much.

10/8

1) Improvements & Bug Fixes for Quiz System and Duplicate Members Detection System.
2) You now have the ability to password protect topics you create. Staff will be able to enter your topics regardless!
3) Forum Games" changed to "Fun Zone" so that it is clear that all sorts of topics can be posted there, not just forum games.

10/2

1) Measures to prevent multiple accounts have been implemented.

9/29

1) Quiz system added.
2) Skin updated for v3.3.4 of site. CSS adjustments in registration and chat room.

9/28

1) Added a popup to all users to display the gem offer. It will appear only once per week unless you clear your cookies, then you'll see it again. Removed "Register to See Ads" guest forum as it is included within the pop up now.
2) Removed Help/Suggestions/Problems forum. A new category called Dragon City Support has been created which contains three new forums: Dragon City Help, Dragon City Suggestions, and Report a Bug. All unarchived topics were moved to the appropriate sections. The Database announcement was edited to fit these new sections.
3) Consolidated DCC Support forums.
4) The shoutbox now reports new replies and topics.
5) Modified the rules, re-did the warning system.
6) Overall Dragon Credits gained per section have been increased.

9/23

1) You can now trade Dragon Credits for Gems in the game. Updates to the Economy system - new store, shop item (gem trade), and some changes in how Dragon Credits are awarded: no longer awarded from Likes, Awards, or Special Offers (there may be new kinds of special offers at a later time).

Credits were reset because a new system was added. The value of Dragon Credits has been changed and the old system is incompatible. This requires a fresh start.

As of now, no additional updates will be made in this topic with regard to the database and its information; it is too complicated tracking each Editor and writing down every change.

9/21

1) New Logo, made by Devin.

9/8

1) Changes for all member-based groups: Lowered search wait time, lowered max file upload size, additional signature space, users can now delete shouts on the shoutbox. Validating group is now fully functional and offers auto-promotion to members after 5 approved posts.

9/7

1) Added signature restrictions so that we prevent huge signatures that slow site loading down. Max of 2 images, 10 links, and 20 lines per signature for all groups.

9/3

1) Finished adding all Awards.

9/2

1) Added new Awards. More to come tomorrow!

9/2

1) Transferred the site to a new dedicated server.

8/30

1) Large SEO Improvements & integration with Google Analytics

8/30

1) Member's secondary group is now the primary group. The only difference with this change is that the member's name will now be the color of the group. (Yellow for Designers, White for Programmers. DC Experts have no color but if you guys would like one, let me know in private message!) If you are in multiple groups and have a preferred primary group, I can put you in that group. Let me know.

8/30

1) Moved "Play Dragon City" to the Dragon City section. It is more suited to that section.

8/30

1) Changed "Report a Problem" to "DCC Support". I feel this name is more fitting, since some people may want to ask for help but are not actually 'reporting any problems'.

8/26

1) New Affiliates section added.

8/26

1) Full shoutbox can now be accessed from the Shoutbox button (in case you turned off global shoutbox).

8/26

1) Made changes to our auto-spam detection system. All accounts detected by the system are no longer banned, but are put on moderator preview until further notice. If these members spam, then they will be banned. If not, the moderator preview will be removed. This was done to prevent the possibility that our spam detection service would incorrectly ban an account when the account owner wasn't a spammer.

<--2012 (list started August 26th) -->

Edited by Ashley, 29 November 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#2 princetr0y

princetr0y

Vulcano Dragon

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

nice.. :) :) :)

#3 chikamodofuka

chikamodofuka

Flaming Rock Dragon

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Very Very Nice :P

#4 SanderWaelput

SanderWaelput

Cactus Dragon

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

cool!
Posted Image
~made by WhiteAngelico

PINK FRIDAY
Posted Image

#5 Hitz

Hitz

Plant Dragon

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

nice ashley
Posted Image

#6 PierreKun

PierreKun

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Thank you for this :P
Posted Image

#7 Rachael

Rachael

Jade Dragon

• Moderators
  • Others: Awarders, DC Experts, Designers, Editors
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Very awesome

Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind ........or forgotten.

2vwa8a9.gifjQL9U.png

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain

#8 TheToxic

TheToxic

Ultimate Dragon

• Awarders
  • Others: DC Experts, Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Awesome :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 nikki3168

nikki3168

Vulcano Dragon

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

very helpful
Posted ImageNikki3168

#10 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Updated: Added a system to prevent registration with multiple accounts. While it isn't perfect, it should definitely help.

#11 MasterKian

MasterKian

Coral Dragon

• Banned
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Make A Multiple Sysytem To detect Multiple Accs

#12 Alex

Alex

Ex-Moderator

• Programmers
  • Others: DC Experts, Designers, Editors
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Great update! :)

Keep up the good work!

2qwem9d.png

#13 MasterKian

MasterKian

Coral Dragon

• Banned
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Alex Pls Tell me How To Change the IP PLS..

#14 Alex

Alex

Ex-Moderator

• Programmers
  • Others: DC Experts, Designers, Editors
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Kian, this is not a topic about that.

If you wanna know more please visit (http://www.dragoncit...__20#entry18361)

And check the 1st page, I explained everything.

2qwem9d.png

#15 Jayz

Jayz

Flaming Rock Dragon

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Nice update!

#16 JONNEY

JONNEY

Plant Dragon

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

nice info

#17 Jhetrix

Jhetrix

Cool Fire Dragon

• DC Experts
  • Others: Editors
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

nice

Posted Image

V

V

V
Posted Image

#18 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

I've lowered the credits given by the General Discussion and General Game Discussion due to the fact people can post pointless topics that actually should be in the Fun Zone in order to get easy credits. I want people actually contributing and earning credits, not just flooding the site with pointless topics.

#19 Stalts

Stalts

Blizzard Dragon

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

awesome..
Posted Image

#20 Iron59

Iron59

Blizzard Dragon

• Members