Free Skins
© Fisana

Toggle shoutbox Dragon City Central Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please keep media spamming (pictures, videos, sounds, smiles, etc) to a minimum, in the shoutbox so it does not interrupt others or flood the screen.

@  VedishMaharaj : (18 April 2014 - 07:03 PM) it had nothing to do with the fact that didn't know to put one
@  VedishMaharaj : (18 April 2014 - 07:02 PM) :P
@  Icetex : (18 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) jk xD lol
@  Icetex : (18 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) #late
@  VedishMaharaj : (18 April 2014 - 06:50 PM) finally put something for my about me on my profile
@  VedishMaharaj : (18 April 2014 - 06:22 PM) :peri:
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 06:20 PM) And more :-)
@  Icetex : (18 April 2014 - 06:19 PM) :alex:
@  Spencerishere : (18 April 2014 - 06:08 PM) Isn't this dragon talk
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 05:17 PM) I started the Olympus but I quit because I don't have the gold to spend
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 05:14 PM) Offer 1-3
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 05:11 PM) It is already being offered
@  iKate : (18 April 2014 - 03:01 PM) Speaking of which, Easter Dragon is being offered right now. Its article is coming up, so stay tuned.
@  iKate : (18 April 2014 - 02:56 PM) I usually check the PC version once a day to keep up with what's happening on both platforms.
@  iKate : (18 April 2014 - 02:54 PM) Yes, I saw the offer. I already had all of them except Robot, which I got, because I was too lazy to play another game.
@  iKate : (18 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) I used to lease a horse, but I am literally the only horse person in my family. You can imagine my parents' response when I asked them for my own growing up. :P I am not interested in owning a horse currently because of college.
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 02:50 PM) The deal is over now
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 02:50 PM) Did you get the free dragons from the store?
@  Midnightsue1954 : (18 April 2014 - 02:49 PM) Do you own your own horse? I haven't been on a horse since the late 1970's.
@  iKate : (18 April 2014 - 02:38 PM) I'm doing well. I went horseback riding with a friend earlier, which was pretty relaxing. I didn't really bother with the Poo offer, but I thought it was nice that they were offering a dragon without demanding our resources. Lol

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Breeding Gummy Dragon

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Devin

Devin

Friendly Psychopath

• Administrators
  • Others: Awarders, DC Experts, Designers, Editors, Moderators
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Level:95
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I never said it gave a higher chance, I just said that it worked for me. I am not trying to say that you are wrong, because if you look at the efficiency of it you are completely right, I am simply stating that while trying to get some dragons when I attempted a combination with a longer breeding time it worked for me, I know it is not the most efficient way. Everyone's personal experience with the game will be different, Most people would rather go for the shorter breeding times, I don't really pay attention to the times, I just pick 2 dragons that I know could work and I go for it. For example, I have tried around 5 or 6 different combinations for Poo, I tried 48 hour breeding times and I'm trying 4 hour breeding times, eventually something will work. I understand 4 hours breeding times are most efficient but I felt like attempting the 48 hour breeds with the legends just to see what I get.

#22 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm saying the fact that it 'worked' for you is just coincidental luck and nothing more. So why is that a good reason to use that combination instead of the most efficient one if it's just coincidental luck that it worked for you, but you still have a much higher chance of getting it with Jade + Star (in a per-time basis)?

I'm a very logical, efficient thinker so this type of thing really confuses me..

#23 Devin

Devin

Friendly Psychopath

• Administrators
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

It's really just a personal preference, If I fail a couple of times with one combination I will want to try something else, even if I have to wait longer.

Plus I just checked, Jade and Star has the same amount of possible outcomes as Dandelion and Laser does, but Dandelion and Laser has 3 possible outcomes that are rares, Jade and Star only has 2 possible outcomes that are rares. So if I fail with Dandelion and Laser at least I have a better chance of failing and still getting a rare dragon. I may not always choose the most efficient way but I still managed to get all but 1 dragon so far, so I am not completely wrong either.

This is a quote from the Breeding Times post showing the possible outcomes with the same number of outcomes for both but more of a chance of getting a rare with Laser and Dandelion.

8 Hours

Laser + Dandelion = Laser, Firebird, Spicy, Cool Fire, Soccer, Gummy, Fluorescent, Mojito, Dandelion

2 Hours

Jade + Star = Jade, Tropical, Cactus, Gummy, Armadillo, Battery, Gold, Star, Chameleon

#24 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I never said you were wrong but I said you were inefficient.

If I fail a couple of times with one combination I will want to try something else, even if I have to wait longer.

This is basically saying: if I fail with rolling this die that requires a 1 to get what I want and takes 2 hours, then I will change the 2 hours to 8 hours and keep trying. Basically.

This doesn't make sense. I'd want the time to go DOWN not UP. So why would you decide to simply raise the time by 6 hours if it doesn't work? You're changing nothing (of importance) except the time.

Plus I just checked, Jade and Star has the same amount of possible outcomes as Dandelion and Laser does, but Dandelion and Laser has 3 possible outcomes that are rares, Jade and Star only has 2 possible outcomes that are rares. So if I fail with Dandelion and Laser at least I have a better chance of failing and still getting a rare dragon. I may not always choose the most efficient way but I still managed to get all but 1 dragon so far, so I am not completely wrong either.

We don't consider something like this because if we are trying Jade + Star we are obviously looking for a Gummy or Armadillo, not a Cool Fire or Soccer. If we are looking for Cool Fire or Soccer, we try Flaming Rock + Alpine.

#25 Devin

Devin

Friendly Psychopath

• Administrators
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

The point I was trying to make with the possible rare outcomes was, I would rather fail and get a rare that I could sell for 200,000. (or in other peoples case with only 1 other rare, use the rare to breed for a legend). I don't much pay attention to my efficiency on this game, I will try any combination to get a dragon, whether it takes 2 hours or 12. As long as I get it eventually I'm happy with the end result. My reasoning behind it may not seem logical to you, but it's just how I think. My way of doing most things typically isn't the most "efficient" or most "correct" way of doing whatever the task is, but I still manage to get things done in my own way.

#26 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

So you're telling me that you think like this:

"This 6 hour die takes 2 hours and it failed for me 3 times. So I'm going to raise the time to 8 hours and keep trying. Because the perfect way to help me succeed is to make it take 8 hours instead! What a perfect idea..."

?

I have never heard of a human thinking like this. And I know most people don't think efficiently, unfortunately, since this world needs efficiency, but you are a completely new type of person that I've never experienced before when it comes to anti-efficiency.

#27 Devin

Devin

Friendly Psychopath

• Administrators
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

I am a VERY weird person (I won't even try to deny that haha), It's not that I think it will work better, I just want to try a different combination sometimes to see if it works. I have switched combinations for 1 dragon 2-3 times before just to try something new. I can think efficiently if it is necessary but this is just a game, why not try random stuff for the fun of it? I've got plenty of time (for now) and patience so I can wait 8 hours for a breed.

#28 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Okay Devin I'll get off your case :P. I'm just stuck thinking efficiently and I never see it any other ways..

#29 Devin

Devin

Friendly Psychopath

• Administrators
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

This conversation reminded me of this quote. (i am not sure if i quoted the right person here, Google mentioned numerous names)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

So by that logic, The majority of this site is insane. :P

#30 Selenim

Selenim

Fire Dragon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Level:17

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

I don't know if it happened to anyone else, but I tried so many times with Laser + Dandelion and Jade + Star and it didn't work AT ALL ( I tried literally dozens of times).

After a while, I gave up and bred Neon + Nenuphar to get a Pirate dragon... and I got 3 Gummy Dragons in a day and half x)

Has this worked for anyone else ?
It really worked for me, so I would advice trying if the other solutions haven't worked, so you have chances to both get Pirate and Gummy, and it doesn't take longer than the other combinations if I remember right ?

#31 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Again, the above is a case of luck and nothing more. You can read my above posts to understand this better. Trying other solutions really doesn't increase your chance at all. Sure it might work for you, but equally so might staying with the same combination.

#32 Selenim

Selenim

Fire Dragon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Well, it did work multiple times in a row, so I thought I would add it, because it's not really just a matter of luck anymore when you get 7 Gummy Dragons in two days. And the other combinations didn't work at all for me, that's why I thought I would share my experience here for others who might search for an alternative solution. This is what this thread is about too, isn't it ? : )

#33 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Yes, you can post all the combinations you want. So long as everyone understands that it's a case of luck and that the chances aren't different with different combinations, we don't want to give our members and guests wrong information! I tend to prefer the most efficient combinations since the chance of breeding the dragons isn't changed so long as two hybrids are being used.

#34 Selenim

Selenim

Fire Dragon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

You are referring to luck again... What does it take for a combination NOT to be luck in this case ? I don't understand what you mean by that.
If it is just because I'm the only one who posted it here, this was exactly the subject of my first message : did anyone else try ?
I didn't start my message with "Hey, here is a miracle solution for you struggling breeders out there ! Don't listen to Ashley, she is eeeeviiiil !!!!" :ph34r:

It would be in fact a combination just as efficient as the others you proposed in this discussion, because it doesn't take more time and maybe it works just as well (in my case, actually much better).
I have yet to see other people answer this discussions who might have had the same "luck" as I had - maybe then will you consider that it is as well a valid method of breeding a Gummy Dragon ? But if people don't try it, they'll never know and they'll never try if the combination isn't posted somewhere. Quite a diddly of a pickle indeed.

The information I provided is not "wrong" per se-I DID get multiple Gummies this way- I'm just waiting for someone to try and hopefully verify it.

By all means, I encourage you and other people to try it and see for themselves, don't take my word for it !

It's an alternative solution that might work better for some people, there is nothing wrong with people trying, especially because you might also get a Pirate or Petroleum Dragon in the process if you don't already have one.

I'm just saying : why not try a combination that can give you three rares while not using a bigger amount of time to breed ? Isn't that what you would call efficient ? ;)

I never said it was a sure way to get a Gummy Dragon, there are no ways more sure than the other but it is A way that might work, which is what this is all about : getting a Gummy Dragon !!!
It's not that important, it's still a game and you're supposed to have fun with it, and I don't see why it seems to bother you so much if people try it another way than the one(s) posted on the main breeding page if they see fit... :blink:

Does it really matter if someone wants to try three different combinations that have the same breeding time (or not) ?? Just for the FUN of it !
Everyone's free to chose whatever combination they like, and the more the merrier ! :P

Since this topic was about how to get a Gummy Dragon (and I read it multiple times :rolleyes: ), I thought I would share my experience and ask people here if, by any chance, it worked for someone else in the past or if it was, as you often say, just luck.

Because if trying over and over something and making it work is not efficient or proof enough, most of today's science facts are not facts at all but just dumb luck ! :P

Anyway, I hope this helps other people somehow, which is all that was intended in the first place, not trying to push a miracle solution on anyone, but just an alternative that might prove effective while other similar combinations have failed.

#35 emmajax2

emmajax2

Waterfall Dragon

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada
  • Level:21

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I didn't know jade and star worked for gummy, and in fact, I just randomly tried dandelion and laser together to see what would come out, and when I did this, I hadn't discovered this site. On my first try I got a gummy which was just dumb luck, frankly. After I discovered this site, I tried the same combo trying to get cool fire. ( I have tried every combo on this site about 10 times.) But when I did the earlier mentioned combo, firebirds and gummies kept on popping out.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.

#36 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

You are referring to luck again... What does it take for a combination NOT to be luck in this case ? I don't understand what you mean by that.

Any combination for a rare dragon is luck-based. I was stating that you shouldn't make the mistake of thinking any combination has "better" luck than another. The chances are the same.

It would be in fact a combination just as efficient as the others you proposed in this discussion, because it doesn't take more time and maybe it works just as well (in my case, actually much better).

As far as efficiency, Neon + Nenufar and Jade + Star are the same. I am telling you that there's no differences in chances between the two, though. So while people should freely try new combinations if they want to, there is zero benefit to doing so.

I have yet to see other people answer this discussions who might have had the same "luck" as I had - maybe then will you consider that it is as well a valid method of breeding a Gummy Dragon ?

I never said that it isn't a valid way. Any dragon combinations with plant and electric are valid ways to breed a Gummy Dragon. But trying all these different combinations provide no extra benefit (and may provide hindrance).

But if people don't try it, they'll never know and they'll never try if the combination isn't posted somewhere. Quite a diddly of a pickle indeed.

It won't matter if people don't try it. Using our combination we have listed is identical chance-wise to this combination you mention. We do mention your combination for petroleum and pirate dragons, though.

It's an alternative solution that might work better for some people

This is the mistake you make. It won't work better for some people. If someone gets the gummy faster with this combination, that doesn't mean it worked better. It worked equally the same way; it's "job" that it "works" is to provide a chance of giving the Gummy Dragon and both combinations worked that job and provided an equal chance of giving that Gummy Dragon - it just happened that the roll of the dice gave the Gummy that particular time. This doesn't relate to the combination itself but to the chance of getting the dragon. In this case, the chance isn't different between the combinations.

there is nothing wrong with people trying, especially because you might also get a Pirate or Petroleum Dragon in the process if you don't already have one.

This is the only valid statement you've made so far. If you are needing a Pirate and Petroleum Dragon still and would like a chance at those, then I would highly recommend this combination.

I'm just saying : why not try a combination that can give you three rares while not using a bigger amount of time to breed ? Isn't that what you would call efficient ?

This is true. I will add Nenufar + Neon as an alternative way of breeding Gummy now.

it's still a game and you're supposed to have fun with it, and I don't see why it seems to bother you so much if people try it another way than the one(s) posted on the main breeding page if they see fit...

What bothers me is not people trying other combinations. What bothers me is when people come up with false conclusions regarding the new combinations (like they "work better" or something of this sort).

I'm going to disregard the rest of your message because you seemed to make a huge fit over something rather small and I have clearly stated my opinion already. The rest is just repetitive.

#37 emmajax2

emmajax2

Waterfall Dragon

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada
  • Level:21

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Any combination for a rare dragon is luck-based. I was stating that you shouldn't make the mistake of thinking any combination has "better" luck than another. The chances are the same.

As far as efficiency, Neon + Nenufar and Jade + Star are the same. I am telling you that there's no differences in chances between the two, though. So while people should freely try new combinations if they want to, there is zero benefit to doing so.

I never said that it isn't a valid way. Any dragon combinations with plant and electric are valid ways to breed a Gummy Dragon. But trying all these different combinations provide no extra benefit (and may provide hindrance).

It won't matter if people don't try it. Using our combination we have listed is identical chance-wise to this combination you mention. We do mention your combination for petroleum and pirate dragons, though.

This is the mistake you make. It won't work better for some people. If someone gets the gummy faster with this combination, that doesn't mean it worked better. It worked equally the same way; it's "job" that it "works" is to provide a chance of giving the Gummy Dragon and both combinations worked that job and provided an equal chance of giving that Gummy Dragon - it just happened that the roll of the dice gave the Gummy that particular time. This doesn't relate to the combination itself but to the chance of getting the dragon. In this case, the chance isn't different between the combinations.

This is the only valid statement you've made so far. If you are needing a Pirate and Petroleum Dragon still and would like a chance at those, then I would highly recommend this combination.

This is true. I will add Nenufar + Neon as an alternative way of breeding Gummy now.

What bothers me is not people trying other combinations. What bothers me is when people come up with false conclusions regarding the new combinations (like they "work better" or something of this sort).

I'm going to disregard the rest of your message because you seemed to make a huge fit over something rather small and I have clearly stated my opinion already. The rest is just repetitive.

Actually, I think with every type you have the same chance. If you use jade and star 3 times, dandelion and laser 2 times and then decide to give up, that is not a good way to go...But when you try something new that could possibly be gummy, you're using the exact same chance as the others. So if you try dandelion and laser, after trying jade and star, you have more chance of getting more rares, but if you already have them, then jade and star is the way to go. People who are new and are just trying to get any rare should try this, but people focussing on Gummy should do Ashley's suggestion. I rest my case.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.

#38 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Actually, I think with every type you have the same chance. If you use jade and star 3 times, dandelion and laser 2 times and then decide to give up, that is not a good way to go...But when you try something new that could possibly be gummy, you're using the exact same chance as the others. So if you try dandelion and laser, after trying jade and star, you have more chance of getting more rares, but if you already have them, then jade and star is the way to go. People who are new and are just trying to get any rare should try this, but people focussing on Gummy should do Ashley's suggestion. I rest my case.

I put Jade + Star and Nenufar + Neon as the combinations because one offers Gummy and Armadillo, one offers Gummy, Petroleum, and Pirate. If Gummy is all that's needed, pick one of them - it matters little.

#39 Selenim

Selenim

Fire Dragon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

What bothers me is not people trying other combinations. What bothers me is when people come up with false conclusions regarding the new combinations (like they "work better" or something of this sort). I'm going to disregard the rest of your message because you seemed to make a huge fit over something rather small and I have clearly stated my opinion already. The rest is just repetitive.

This will pretty much be my last message here, because it's already turned in an endless vortal loop so : "false conclusions" yeah sure, I probably made a mistake when I said it would work "better". It might work "faster", in a way, if you manage, like it happened for me, to get your Gummy Dragon after only a couple of tries with this combination. It might just be dumb luck, but 7 times in a row is good enough for me.

As for no extra benefits, it does provide the benefits of two other rares, you admitted that yourself.

I haven't dismissed your options, and even though I don't understand where the hindrance is in having many different combinations, I am not the administrator of this forum so this is your call and you've clearly made your choice.

By the way, I'm not a kid throwing a tamper tentrum, I'm just trying to make the player's experience a little bit more extravagant -if you will- and that's all this was about, not about being repetitive or "making a huge fit".
I just want to remind you that my first message on this thread was merely a question and a suggestion to other players who might want to try a new combination.

Thank you for adding the combination on the breeding thread by the way. That's pretty much the end for me on this thread.

#40 Ashley

Ashley

Site Owner & Server Host

• Administrators
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

It might work "faster", in a way, if you manage, like it happened for me,

You are right. It might. But keep in mind that the other combination equally might work faster as well. That isn't support for this combination. Again, people really should decide which combination they want to use. My job, as the owner of this site, is to make sure the site is giving correct information for people to use when making their decisions. I don't want to tell them that one combination will work faster when both combinations may equally work faster.

and even though I don't understand where the hindrance is in having many different combinations

Well... if you use, say, Laser + Dandelion, you'll be stuck waiting 6 hours longer than if you use Jade + Star or Nenufar + Neon. So I would call that a hindrance.