Free Skins
© Fisana

Toggle shoutbox Dragon City Central Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please keep media spamming (pictures, videos, sounds, smiles, etc) to a minimum, in the shoutbox so it does not interrupt others or flood the screen.

@  Allien5651 : (27 August 2014 - 05:04 AM) Hi just blew all my gems on what I now suspect is a scam. Has anyone else actually managed to get anything from this "GROWTH SPURT" timed event other than being wiser and poorer ?? If so how??? the instruction was extremely vague and the event definitely didn't go as described.
@  PARVEEN : (27 August 2014 - 01:39 AM) Thanks iKate
@  iKate : (26 August 2014 - 06:00 PM) Congrats to PARVEEN on being Top Shouter!
@  iKate : (26 August 2014 - 05:41 PM) It should be in the gem purchase options section.
@  Starkiller : (26 August 2014 - 04:43 PM) o.O yet i got no option to watch videos on android
@  PARVEEN : (26 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Just got 5 gems by watching 5 videos on Android :D
@  Icetex : (26 August 2014 - 12:19 PM) :desert:
@  PARVEEN : (26 August 2014 - 05:31 AM) http://www.dragoncit...ruitment-on-pc/
@  PARVEEN : (26 August 2014 - 05:31 AM) Hi everyone
@  RAJENDRA : (26 August 2014 - 05:26 AM) Hi,
@  Balgruff : (26 August 2014 - 05:06 AM) Jaysus the star dragon without its frill is disturbing...
@  Balgruff : (26 August 2014 - 02:53 AM) http://www.dragoncit...view=getnewpost
@  PARVEEN : (26 August 2014 - 02:51 AM) Morning
@  JadeJuno : (26 August 2014 - 02:05 AM) i could fit all on 6 islands but i'm waiting for more stuff,like farms,decorations or any random stuff to place
@  JadeJuno : (26 August 2014 - 02:03 AM) to try to get as much on islands as possible;for example my 4th island has 13 habitats 2 farms hatchery,deus vault,dragonarium and market
@  ULTRAElement... : (26 August 2014 - 01:18 AM)
Spoiler
@  Walcha18 : (26 August 2014 - 01:07 AM) islands?
@  Walcha18 : (26 August 2014 - 01:06 AM) @Jade Juno: how have you managed to fit almost 70 Habitats without expanding to new i
@  ULTRAElement... : (26 August 2014 - 01:06 AM) Mornin'
@  Walcha18 : (26 August 2014 - 01:04 AM) 'Morning!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Why You Want At Least Thor From The Viking Event

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Mr144

Mr144

Mud Dragon

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

This is a gold saving guide designed for those of us without tons of disposable income.

War Egg = 11 Million

Small War Habitat = 22 Million

That's a lot of gold most newer players hurt by the new pricing and breeding just can't reasonably afford.  If you have the ability, I highly suggest pursuing the Viking Island Quest to at least get Thor to use for breeding.  There's still time left to get at least the 2nd quest done for this dragon.  This will enable you to obtain all the war hybrids without the 33 million gold investment.

Step 1:

Acquire Thor from quest #2 of the Viking Island Event.  It's a commitment for sure, but imho it's worth the time, gold, food, and even gem investment (once you work the gem cost down by normal means).

Step 2:

Breed Thor + Flame for Juggernaut.  This is a nice quick one, as failed attempts will only be 30 seconds.  Juggernaut is a superior combat version of Thor, so don't feed Thor any higher than you need yet as he'll be breeding for a while.

Step 2:

Breed Thor + Coral.  This one's a tad longer to do as it can still result in another Juggernaut (lower chance) or failed attempt taking 30 minutes (spicy or firebird).  A successful 1 day 12 hour breed should produce A Redwood (War+Plant)...Leviathan (War+Water)...or a another Juggernaut (War+Fire).  The reason I breed for Juggernaut first, is it's a good combat dragon, A decent gold farmer, and a quick guaranteed breed,

Step 3:

Depending on if you got Leviathan or Redwood, Breed...

Thor + Earth/Plant = Redwood, Colossal, or Juggernaut

Thor + Earth/Water = Leviathan, Colossal or Juggernaut

Step 4:

Breed directly for the last hybrid. Thor + whichever base element you're missing.

Voila' ! :D  You now have every War hybrid without having to invest in either the War Egg or the War Habitat...saving 33 million gold until you choose to actually buy the nicer big war habitat.

#2 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hi bro.
Can u eleborate further. I do hv a juggernaut now n saw this Viking. I thou only for Viking dragon n a habitat for Viking only. Think needs to spend gold n gems right

#3 iKate

iKate

Dragon Badge Maker

• Moderators
  • Others: Awarders, DC Experts, Designers, Editors, Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

I thou only for Viking dragon n a habitat for Viking only.

The Viking Habitat holds any Flame type dragons. The Thor Dragon has a Flame element which allows for it to reside in the habitat.

#4 Balgruff

Balgruff

Nirobi

• Administrators
  • Others: Members, Moderators, Designers, Programmers, DC Experts, Editors, Awarders
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Another nugget of information about this tactic : It bypasses the Level 30 requirement to get the War habitat and its respective dragon.

wyt.gif
Dragon City Central Community Rules/Warning System

Spoiler

#5 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

The Viking Habitat holds any Flame type dragons. The Thor Dragon has a Flame element which allows for it to reside in the habitat.

How many dragon can sit inside the Habitat ?

I did go in there and collect daily .. Then saw 4 tab for u to spend on gold to break Glass. then Spend Gems to buy habitat. Is this the viking tht we re discussing ?

#6 Balgruff

Balgruff

Nirobi

• Administrators
  • Others: Members, Moderators, Designers, Programmers, DC Experts, Editors, Awarders
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

The Viking habitat can hold 3 dragons. And yes, this is the event we are talking about.

wyt.gif

Spoiler

#7 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

I oso found tht If you re on higher level (say 49) then u hv to fork out 1.3 mil Gold to break the Viking Glass.. Then 160k if u re on lower level e.g DC level 22 ?

normal ?

Another nugget of information about this tactic : It bypasses the Level 30 requirement to get the War habitat and its respective dragon.

Hi Balgruff,

So is it a good option to proceed instead buying the War Habitat ?

How much Gems ,golds in total to spend to get this Habitat?  hehe Nv try all these b4 ya.

And how many habitat can these New Viking island hold ? Can I placed other habitat on it ?

#8 Balgruff

Balgruff

Nirobi

• Administrators
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

You can win it without gems if you work hard enough. As for food/gold, it depends on your player level. The higher the level, the more you have to spend. 

http://www.dragoncit...ed-from-asgard/

wyt.gif

Spoiler

#9 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

You can win it without gems if you work hard enough. As for food/gold, it depends on your player level. The higher the level, the more you have to spend. 

http://www.dragoncit...ed-from-asgard/

Thanks for the enlighting... So is normal to pay more if Higher lvl..

and wht u mean work harder? login daily to collect only right?

So my next step shd ne spend tht Gold to break the GlaSS? I only on Level 1 Viking and task completed , think pending breaking the 4 glasses by spending Gold. estimated 1.3 mil x 4  I think

Am reading your guide now

#10 Saycred

Saycred

Mud Dragon

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

Is the estimated breeding time of a Juggernaut dragon 36 hours? cuz then i can say this tactic works.

Nirobi_3c.pngThor_Dragon_3j.png

PURE DRAGONS(8/8)/LEGENDARY DRAGONS(4/6)HYBRIDS(ALL)ISLANDS(ALL)LVL(43)COMBAT WORLD (LEAGUE 41)STADIUM LIGHT COMPETITION LVL.1 !

#11 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Is the estimated breeding time of a Juggernaut dragon 36 hours? cuz then i can say this tactic works.

Yes

So Is a must to spend Gold and break the Glass in order to proceed to next lvl 2 (Thor) ? Think there's 4 Glasses

#12 Balgruff

Balgruff

Nirobi

• Administrators
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yes, you have to spend gold to break the glass, either that or use gems which are much more valuable than gold.

wyt.gif

Spoiler

#13 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will do so

#14 Saycred

Saycred

Mud Dragon

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yes

So Is a must to spend Gold and break the Glass in order to proceed to next lvl 2 (Thor) ? Think there's 4 Glasses

I have Thor, :) already breeding  Juggernaut right now^^

Nirobi_3c.pngThor_Dragon_3j.png

PURE DRAGONS(8/8)/LEGENDARY DRAGONS(4/6)HYBRIDS(ALL)ISLANDS(ALL)LVL(43)COMBAT WORLD (LEAGUE 41)STADIUM LIGHT COMPETITION LVL.1 !

#15 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

This is a gold saving guide designed for those of us without tons of disposable income.

War Egg = 11 Million

Small War Habitat = 22 Million

That's a lot of gold most newer players hurt by the new pricing and breeding just can't reasonably afford.  If you have the ability, I highly suggest pursuing the Viking Island Quest to at least get Thor to use for breeding.  There's still time left to get at least the 2nd quest done for this dragon.  This will enable you to obtain all the war hybrids without the 33 million gold investment.

Step 1:

Acquire Thor from quest #2 of the Viking Island Event.  It's a commitment for sure, but imho it's worth the time, gold, food, and even gem investment (once you work the gem cost down by normal means).

Step 2:

Breed Thor + Flame for Juggernaut.  This is a nice quick one, as failed attempts will only be 30 seconds.  Juggernaut is a superior combat version of Thor, so don't feed Thor any higher than you need yet as he'll be breeding for a while.

Step 2:

Breed Thor + Coral.  This one's a tad longer to do as it can still result in another Juggernaut (lower chance) or failed attempt taking 30 minutes (spicy or firebird).  A successful 1 day 12 hour breed should produce A Redwood (War+Plant)...Leviathan (War+Water)...or a another Juggernaut (War+Fire).  The reason I breed for Juggernaut first, is it's a good combat dragon, A decent gold farmer, and a quick guaranteed breed,

Step 3:

Depending on if you got Leviathan or Redwood, Breed...

Thor + Earth/Plant = Redwood, Colossal, or Juggernaut

Thor + Earth/Water = Leviathan, Colossal or Juggernaut

Step 4:

Breed directly for the last hybrid. Thor + whichever base element you're missing.

Voila' ! :D  You now have every War hybrid without having to invest in either the War Egg or the War Habitat...saving 33 million gold until you choose to actually buy the nicer big war habitat.

can this Viking Habitat hold all War Hybrid type dragon including War Dragon?

#16 Balgruff

Balgruff

Nirobi

• Administrators
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

No, the Viking element is a flame element, so the Viking habitat is a flame habitat.

wyt.gif

Spoiler

#17 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

Thank for the info bro. :(. I thou can place war dragon inside , maybe I misunderstood his statement since I oredi got juggernaut. But his suggestion is gd for those without any war

Oredi got the habitat am sending invitation to get the horn for the dragon.

#18 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hmm ..how to beat tht Thor dragon.. I glance thru the forum saying using Flood or water attack..

I dun hv a Pirate in this lower lvl DC, and blizzard with stars.. So I opted for Ice Cream (3 bromze ) but still loose.

Maybe I shd try Coral too ...but without star too.

Any advice.

Thanks

Hatching time Thor 16 hours..  :)

#19 Puregon

Puregon

Mud Dragon

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Ive read this topic n got curious about those dragons, so i decided to borrow my frens laptop as i dont have windows OS, then tried to open my DC on FB (didnt work on FB if using macbook), and suprisingly ive very nice viking dragons on d event.... Pls tell me if i play on FB and got those dragons thor loki n odin can i use them on iOS?? I wud love to have them.. And why if play on FB the movement very slow?

#20 mubull

mubull

Tropical Dragon

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

If u hv the Thor or Viking Habitat then it will appear in your iphone, the only thing u cant see is the Viking event (tht floating Island) when playing on iphone/ipad.

Think slow bcos the the images are bigger.. It consumed lots of processing and graphics. U try used it on a Dual core above then no problem.. Of course your internet speed does matter..