Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


Toggle shoutbox Dragon City Central Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please keep media spamming (pictures, videos, sounds, smiles, etc) to a minimum, in the shoutbox so it does not interrupt others or flood the screen.

@  mamaJ : (23 April 2014 - 07:53 AM) Good morning everyone
@  Icetex : (23 April 2014 - 06:58 AM) :ph34r:
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:34 AM) Ok, good night!, I have a class in 4 and a half hours, I should do the same
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 02:33 AM) Along with other general requirement classes. Alrighty, I'm gonna turn in. G'night!
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:33 AM) Cool lol
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 02:27 AM) All of them. Everything. Lol. Classes on data entry and analysis, human development, cognition, and the like.
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:17 AM) So what kind of classes do you take for a Psychology degree?
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 02:15 AM) Lol
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:09 AM) Oh, I've already mastered being psychotic, the degree is nothing but a credential :P
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 02:08 AM) Uh-oh. A psychopath honing in on his skills? What. Have. I. Done.
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 02:07 AM) But of course! 10 points for Gryffindor!
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:05 AM) Wait, you can major in being a Psycho? I'm in the wrong line of work! :P
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:03 AM) At Hogwarts, I assume? :P
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 02:02 AM) Wizardr---Oh, in this world, you mean? Psychology. Lol
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 02:00 AM) Yea, it's great! It actually makes school bearable :P lol What are you majoring in?
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 01:58 AM) That's good you can bypass it
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 01:56 AM) So that's why I just decided to go for technical degrees. I'd be setting myself up for failure if i went for the typical degrees
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 01:51 AM) I have failed countless writing assignments. I've lost track of how many completely blank pages I've turned in
@  iKate : (23 April 2014 - 01:49 AM) I'm just the opposite. I love to write :P
@  Devin : (23 April 2014 - 01:47 AM) The only issues I've had with math classes were some of the teachers I had

Photo
- - - - -

Breeding Calculator


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

    Vulcano Dragon

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Most of you might know about this, but still for those who don't, there exists a convenient tool to check what would a breeding yield and which breeding pair would be best to get a specific dragon.

The results are quite accurate, and rarely wrong.

 

<Link removed>


                                                                                                darkseed1010.gif

                                                                         

 

"And so I came to gaze upon the stars, When they were yet unborn . And consequently tear at my old scars, and the mask I had outworn"- 'Roses', Poets Of The Fall.,

 

 

 


#2 Balgruff

Balgruff

    Pure Plant Dragon

  • Administrators
  • Others: Awarders, DC Experts, Designers, Editors, Members, Moderators
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

http://www.dragoncit...tion=boardrules

 

2. Competition Sites. Please do not post links to competition sites. Most sites won't allow us to post links leading back here, so we wish to not post links here leading to external sites. If we are affiliated with the external site, you are free to post links on the site. To see who we are affiliated with, check the External Links section at the bottom of our index.

 

I have removed the link. Also, I wouldn't trust the percentages. Yes, the results are correct. But the percentages will be different for every person. Why? Because everyone will have different amounts of luck. Let's say you're breeding for a Vampire. The calculator says there's a 40% chance to get it. But what if you are unlucky and keep landing in the 60% all the time? Like a member who had 56 tries before getting a Pure while another got hers on the first try. And another member who has 200+ failed breedings for a legendary, his success rate would be far less than the percentage given by the calculator.


wyt.gif
Dragon City Central Community Rules/Warning System

Spoiler

#3 Mr144

Mr144

    Mud Dragon

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Furthermore, although the base math is correct, it does not account for failed breeding.  Let's say the calculator gives you a 30% chance, but the failed breeding possibilities all yield 10+ hour breed times.  Another combination may have only a 20% chance, but that combo's failed breeds are all less than 4 hours, with a high probability for 30 second fails.  Using the calculator, you would think the 30% combo is 'better', when in fact, the lesser chance of 20% is in fact the faster, more effecient way to breed.

 

Maybe one of these days I'll compile my math into a java utility or something, but I just calculate on the fly as needed....144 is a mathematical number ya know ;)