Free Skins
© Fisana

Toggle shoutbox Dragon City Central Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please keep media spamming (pictures, videos, sounds, smiles, etc) to a minimum, in the shoutbox so it does not interrupt others or flood the screen.

@  GameMasterA : (13 July 2014 - 06:27 PM) Korean Soccer Dragon? anyone? haha
@  iKate : (13 July 2014 - 03:49 PM) Great, thanks for helping. Would you also add links to the dragons in the Tournament article please? Just the updated part, I've yet to finish Diamond-Extreme.
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:42 PM) speaking of breeding guide i just updated gold amount for basic dragons
@  iKate : (13 July 2014 - 03:25 PM) It was updated to include all of them very recently.
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:25 PM) and dissappeared
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:25 PM) i wonder what happen to animaker he just came and went
@  iKate : (13 July 2014 - 03:20 PM) Refer to the breeding guide, which lists all breedable dragons in alphabetical order.
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:18 PM) Yeah haven't bred it so wouldn't know
@  Devin : (13 July 2014 - 03:17 PM) That's why I removed the shout telling someone to go somewhere else.
@  Devin : (13 July 2014 - 03:17 PM) If something is outdated, we update it. Instead of sending people elsewhere
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:15 PM) talking about fact DC FB(which run by sp) link 3 times it
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) that how official wiki
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) Devin Remove my shout d-c-w-i-k-i
@  Devin : (13 July 2014 - 03:12 PM) It was me
@  iKate : (13 July 2014 - 03:12 PM) @Icetex What are you talking about?
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:09 PM) or was devin doesn't matter
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 03:07 PM) ohai rach btw my fact was correct it is official we can't hide the fact
@  Rachael : (13 July 2014 - 03:04 PM) :devin: :ph34r:
@  Rachael : (13 July 2014 - 03:04 PM) :ph34r:
@  Icetex : (13 July 2014 - 02:40 PM) Thats old info sorry things like still out of date

Photo
- - - - -

Breeding Calculator

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Vulcano Dragon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Most of you might know about this, but still for those who don't, there exists a convenient tool to check what would a breeding yield and which breeding pair would be best to get a specific dragon.

The results are quite accurate, and rarely wrong.

<Link removed>

darkseed1010.gif

"And so I came to gaze upon the stars, When they were yet unborn . And consequently tear at my old scars, and the mask I had outworn"- 'Roses', Poets Of The Fall.,

#2 Balgruff

Balgruff

Nirobi

• Administrators
  • Others: Awarders, DC Experts, Designers, Editors, Members, Moderators
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

http://www.dragoncit...tion=boardrules

2. Competition Sites. Please do not post links to competition sites. Most sites won't allow us to post links leading back here, so we wish to not post links here leading to external sites. If we are affiliated with the external site, you are free to post links on the site. To see who we are affiliated with, check the External Links section at the bottom of our index.

I have removed the link. Also, I wouldn't trust the percentages. Yes, the results are correct. But the percentages will be different for every person. Why? Because everyone will have different amounts of luck. Let's say you're breeding for a Vampire. The calculator says there's a 40% chance to get it. But what if you are unlucky and keep landing in the 60% all the time? Like a member who had 56 tries before getting a Pure while another got hers on the first try. And another member who has 200+ failed breedings for a legendary, his success rate would be far less than the percentage given by the calculator.

wyt.gif
Dragon City Central Community Rules/Warning System

Spoiler

#3 Mr144

Mr144

Mud Dragon

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Furthermore, although the base math is correct, it does not account for failed breeding.  Let's say the calculator gives you a 30% chance, but the failed breeding possibilities all yield 10+ hour breed times.  Another combination may have only a 20% chance, but that combo's failed breeds are all less than 4 hours, with a high probability for 30 second fails.  Using the calculator, you would think the 30% combo is 'better', when in fact, the lesser chance of 20% is in fact the faster, more effecient way to breed.

Maybe one of these days I'll compile my math into a java utility or something, but I just calculate on the fly as needed....144 is a mathematical number ya know ;)